Groups and Charters
NEW ! NEW ! NEW !
| Auckland Tramway Ltd presents our “Gardens Tour” which showcases Auckland's Wynyard Quarter and the native plantings which have transformed this former cargo wharf area into an exciting inner city environment! This “Hosted” tour is ideal for gardeners, plant lovers and those with an interest in conservation. This tour created for interest groups, features;
- Commencing at the Tram Barn, take a ride on one of our 1920s heritage trams for a 20 minute journey around Wynyard Quarter which includes an informative commentary.
- This is followed by a 30 minute leisurely guided walk. Points of special interest include; some unique species, lush gardens of native flora, an experimental man-made wetland and a “living” roof. You will also learn about the recycling and sustainability features incorporated into the Wynyard Quarter.
- Conclude the tour with morning or afternoon tea at Rushworth Café, situated at the water’s edge on the North Wharf.
- You may then return by tram to the Tram Barn. Alternatively, our Host can advise other options for you to explore, including using your tram ticket to travel to the stop nearest Victoria Park, where you can enjoy a walk amongst the stately 105 year old plane trees, visit the swamp garden with giant eel and frog sculptures plus view several heritage buildings
- The Wynyard Quarter Native Gardens Tour is priced at $14 p/p. or if you prefer not to include the café, the price is $8 p/p for the tram ride and guided walk. Tour is available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and includes FREE off-street parking right beside the Tram Barn in Pakenham Street.
Phone enquiries to (09) 377-7701
Bookings by Email Essential.
Please email James at firstname.lastname@example.org
What the groups are saying;
On behalf of the North Shore Horticultural Society we would like to say a 'big thank you' for a wonderful day.
Susan gave an outstanding presentation and talk about the native plants and the surrounding area along with her helper and also Hugh & Peter with their tram commentaries.
Everyone enjoyed their morning tea at the Rushworth Cafe, then they all spent many hours exploring the Viaduct area and plan on coming back as not enough time to see it all.
The Glen Eden Garden Club Members write;
What a super idea incorporating the tram with the informative walk, seems like the council has a winner here. I'll be up for it again
A great trip and so informative. I learned so much and enjoyed the whole experience and will be going again. The speaker was so knowledgeable and a nice person.
from Christine M
I enjoyed the tram trip, our lady guide was very informative.
There wasn't a question put to her she couldn't answer.
I would certainly go again as the whole Wynyard project completes it's different stages
The Scones and Jam went down a treat too.
NEW! NEW! NEW!
Last summer, our Trip Down Memory Lane Tour was a real hit! Although it is still available if requested (scroll down for details), Auckland Tramway Ltd have now created another exciting nostalgia experience for the residents of Retirement & Senior Citizen Homes, Probus and Travel Clubs etc, for this coming summer, commencing October 15.
THE ROARING 20s TOUR!
All the loved features of our Trip Down Memory Lane tour are still there, but our new tour has an added twist. So come down to the Wynyard Quarter for a journey back in time and a glimpse into the future with Auckland’s Dockline Tram and The Roaring 20s Tour.
- Free and easy off-street parking right beside the Tram Depot in Pakenham Street.
- Within the unique setting of the Tram Depot, enjoy a lively toe-tapping fifteen minute video presentation, featuring Auckland’s historic 1926 Wurlitzer pipe organ, formerly of the Regent Theatre in Queen St.
- Board one of our two 1920s heritage trams for a 15 minute journey around the Wynyard Quarter. Our Motorman will point out items of interest along the way and the exciting plans for this new development of the Auckland Waterfront. A couple of circuits can be enjoyed.
|- Conclude the tour with morning or afternoon tea at Rushworth Café situated right on the 1920s North Wharf, with the tram dropping you off and picking you up right outside the front door.
- For this we have created a great “all-in” price of $14.00 per person which covers the whole outing!
Or if you prefer not to include the café, $7.00p/p will give you the video and tram ride.
We look forward to hearing from you soon to arrange a visit to the Auckland Dockline Tram and enjoy our Roaring 20s Tour.
Bookings by Email Essential.
Please email James at email@example.com
or phone enquiries to (09) 377-7701
||Auckland Tramway is the perfect place to host your next Children's party. Nibbles, drinks and heaps of fun! Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 377-7701 for prices and more information.
"A great memory to remember forever" - Hector
Welcome aboard our Auckland Tramway – it’s a unique venue experience for cocktail functions, dinner packages plus much more.
ENTERTAINMENT ON THE MOVE!
Imagine your guests boarding the beautifully restored heritage trams for an evening of fun! What better way to get people together for a social occasion than on a romantic, quirky restored electric tram as it rumbles along the tracks in New Zealand's largest city. The ever-changing views are complemented by your tram driver’s commentary as you pass through the exciting new Wynyard Quarter.
We can assist you with theming the tram so that your function can be truly unique and memorable. We can serve you cocktails and snacks, or as part of a larger event, you can use the tram as a special feature, traveling from one venue to another in style, with drinks and nibbles on the way!
COCKTAIL HOUR EXPERIENCE (COCKTAIL FUNCTIONS)
Board an exclusive private tram and enjoy the newly revamped Wynyard Quarter. Relax in a restored heritage tram as you enjoy the live entertaining commentary or background music. Mouth watering selections of bite sized canapés and a selection of beverages will ensure that a good time is had by all. This is a uniquely Auckland pre-dinner experience. We can cater for 20 to 80 people.
MAKE A COCKTAIL
A fun filled team event, Make a Cocktail. Watch the team from Professional Bar & Restaurant School demonstrate the art of making a cocktail, then you have the fun making one yourself! Drinks and canapés are then served on the tram while we trundle around the Wynyard Quarter.
This event usually runs for about 1½ - 2 hours.
PRIVATE TRAM CHARTER
Our trams are available for hire. The Auckland Tramway can offer your guests a truly unique and memorable experience during their stay in Auckland.
For all events, there is the option of viewing a ten minute video presentation from the golden days when trams ruled Queen St, Auckland. Step back in time to remember the buildings and department stores, the cars, the fashions and the trams!
We can also offer FREE off-street parking at the tram depot or a bus if travelling as a group, or the option of picking up your group from any one of the four tram stops around our 1.5km circuit.
For further details on the services we can provide for your group, please email email@example.com or phone (09) 377 7701
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE
Come down to the Wynyard Quarter for a journey back in time and a glimpse into the future with Auckland’s Dockline Tramway.
Auckland Tramway Ltd's summer 2011-2012 nostalgia experience for the residents of Retirement & Senior Citizen Homes, or any groups looking for that outing with a difference, is proving extremely popular.
- Free and easy off-street parking right outside
the Tram Depot in Pakenham Street
- Within the unique setting of the Tram Depot, enjoy a ten minute video presentation from the golden days when trams ruled Queen St, Auckland. Step back in time to remember the buildings and department stores, the cars, the fashions and the trams!!
- With our special mobility steps, it is easy to board one of our two 1920s heritage trams for a 15 minute journey around the Wynyard Quarter. Our Motorman will point out items of interest along the way and the exciting plans for this new development of the Auckland Waterfront. A couple of circuits can be enjoyed if requested.
- Price is $7.00 per person – bus driver or 1 caregiver free.
- Morning or afternoon tea can be arranged with the Rushworth Café situated on the tram route – tram will drop-off and pick-up from the door. All inclusive price for this is $14.00 per person – bus driver or 1 caregiver free.
We look forward to hearing from you soon to arrange a visit to the Dockline Tramway and enjoy this great trip down memory lane.
Bookings by email are essential.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone enquiries welcome to (09) 377-7701
"Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable day out. We found the team extremely amiable and helpful. The tram ride and the beautiful views at lunch were great!!!! As you say a real trip down memory lane. One of my residents said it was the best trip she had been on. Thank you again." Sarah - Elmwood Retirement Home
"I would like to thank you and your team for making the tram ride yesterday, such an enjoyable experience. My residents were delighted with the friendly, obliging and excellent customer service they received. The trip is so popular I am organising more dates" Heather Lincoln - Summerset by the Park
"What a wonderful day the residents had on the tram, the dvd was great to watch, brought back lovely memories. The afternoon tea was a great ending to a lovely outing, the young lady at the cafe was very kind to us all. Once again a BIG thank you to all" Diddy & residents - Torbay Resthome